The Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) is a standard language certified by the Object Management Group (OMG). Since its 2.0 release, it has coupled an expressive graphical representation with a formal XML transcription. The upgrade from the first edition opened the door to the possibility of executing and automating modeled processes and expanded its field to include not just business processes, but scientific workflows and engineering scenarios as well.
With BPMN you can:
- Assign tasks to your co-worker, sending and receiving relevant data;
- Model human-machine interactions;
- Depict communication scenarios among different entities (customer, back-end office, servers, etc.) through conversation diagrams;
- Automate "trigger-reactions" schemes.
- Find out more about BeePMN’s papers presented at relevant conferences on our Blog, under “conferences” and “diagrams” tags.